Thanks Ron, for the correct dates. I originally sent that email in haste as light astrological humour. Blasphemy, I know but I was trying to nudge this far loose thread back on topic. I refound the link I read that info on the prehistoric mars opposition. There was an ammended added which I clipped below:

[Editor's Note: The initial computations that brought this event to light were made by Jean Meeus of Belgium. The above distances, only very slightly refined, were supplied to SPACE.com on Dec. 13, 2002 by orbit expert Myles Standish at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The "nearly 60,000 years" estimate was originally 73,000 years and was updated on May 1, 2003 as new calculations were supplied.]

Here is the link for those who are not yet in the know:

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/mars_preview_021108.html

Howard Wu