Aras,

Glad you caught this in time and thank you for the heads up!

Mendy

-----Original Message-----
From: Meteorite-list [mailto:meteorite-list-boun...@meteoritecentral.com] On
Behalf Of Aras Jonikas via Meteorite-list
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:09 PM
To: Meteorite List <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] ALERT - eBay Scam - ALERT

All-

I just had a strange occurrence on eBay which became likely fraud. I was
notified that I had sold a meteorite slice which I had listed from eBay
(normal eBay notification). This buyer has never bought from me, so I
confirmed the info via a quick internet search (she worked for an aerospace
firm, so thought nothing of it). After printing the label, the buyer
contacted me several minutes later stating she did not order anything but
received a shipment notification from eBay. After confirming who she was and
looking at her history (never a meteorite purchased in her history on eBay),
I looked at the paypal receipt. It became clear that she was hacked on eBay
and Paypal, and her email was changed from gmail.com to gmail.net. All of
her other information was correct. I did not initially notice this
discrepancy. I could only assume that the package would have been rerouted
in transit to the "hacker". The victim (phewww, not me...) stated she
immediately tried changing her passwords once th  is was discovered but was
blocked from doing so, likely due to her information being changed.

Keep a close eye on your sales both ON AND OFF eBay!!!

Regards,
Aras
IMCA 2117