Current conditions at the strewn field are and have been Wet wet and WET.
There was a mini cyclone last week,and it has been raining ever since. There is knee deep water in most places and in the fields.
This place is 30 KM from town in a  rural coastal village.The  people i am in touch with have been waiting for the rains to subside for a number of days now.

Recovery of too much material will probably  be quite difficult.The strewn field also  seems to be much smaller than initial reports.

I am told Mike Farmer  arrived in the area today in two vehicles.He would be a much more reliable person for specifics on this fall and the stones.

All stones (that they could find) have been collected/confiscated by the District Collector and there is an active power struggle going on between two Goverment agencies as to who should get the two larger  (eggplant size) pcs and smaller ones recovered .
So they are sitting in the District  Revenue Collector,s office where they can be viewed- thru a window .
 A government helicopter is also  flying over the area twice a day???? Not sure why- perhaps looking for larger pcs. Its all flooded anyway.

Initial reports describe this as  dark brown(may be the light) and VERY magnetic.That ties in well with the metal viens news report .
Would appreciate some input as to what  kind of meteorite would this probably be.

 Or they may just have some magnetic stones completely unconnected to the fall.

Stones have been  very hard to come by,but it is possible Mike Farmer may have better luck than we did.
I will have some more reports coming in later on today.I am anxious to see some pics myself.

Regards
Atul Kumar