My first meteorite was a Canyon Diablo, that I bought from Farrell.  As I remember, it was pretty expensive.  He's got some great looking catalogs, but his prices our out of the range of most people in my opinion.

I remember getting an issue of Astronomy that had an article on collecting meteorites and after the article, there was a listing of meteorite collectors.  I couldn't believe there were so many people that were selling meteorites besides the one.

My second set of meteorites came from Al Mitterling and I still have them.  I've  also bought from a number of other dealers.  Mike Farmer, Rob Elliot, Sergey Vasiliev, Bob Haag and Mike Casper to name a few.  Everyone of the dealers I have bought from have sent me great specimens and the prices were great.  Also, these dealers are all very honest and have taken the time to choose the right specimens for me.  If I only had a few hundred to spend (or less), it didn't matter.  There are varying degrees of quality for meteorites, I agree, but the above dealers that I mentioned and more that I haven't have museum quality specimens for sale or can obtain them if that is what you want.

Some people may have differing opinions of Mr.. Casper but he was always very helpful to me....so we won't get in to that :-)

Jamie