Here's a picture of the car with a familiar face. This is something very rare folks...when was the last time you saw Al smiling;-)

http://www.nyrockman.com/pages/peekskill-today.htm

JKG

At 07:00 PM 12/7/2004, Chris Peterson wrote:
Peekskill was only traveling 70 or 80 m/s at impact. I would fully expect it
to be deflected by the structure of the car. The relative positions of the
exit and entry wounds are probably a poor indicator of the impact angle. The
way that the metal of the trunk is folded makes me think that the initial
impact was vertical, but I'm not a traffic safety engineer.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com