Hello Adam,

I guess Jeff Grossman changed his mind and accepted NWA 2918 as a legitimate 3.0 or 3.05 using his stricter techniques. Congratulations. I'll still sit on the sideline and watch for awhile before changing the classification back to 3.0 on my website. Thanks for supplying the additional information from Ted Bunch; sometimes your description contains errors and I have a hard time distinguishing what I should accept as fact. For example you state "The only other perfect 3.0 [besides Colony] is an Antarctic piece named ALH 77307, which is not available to the public." Actually Jeff told you that Yamato 81020 is also a 3.0, as your link to the MetBul shows. So now there are four 3.0 CO chondrites, considering a single decimal place.

Regards,
David