Can't reproduce this going from a fresh 1.4.6 project and running it
against 3.1.4.

I've seen this behaviour with Django projects in general before though,
where some unrelated issue has the side effect of Django reporting that
management commands provided by third-party apps aren't available.

While that's not much help, it's doubtful your issue is South related, and
I suspect you need to somehow force the real issue to come up - perhaps
with Django's own "shell" or "runserver" commands, which all have a
"--traceback" option that might prove useful in this case too.

Good luck.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM, Penny Leach <penelope.le...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade (actually I'm only trying to start running a test
> upgrade) from 1.4.6 to 3.1.4 and failing before I start because as soon as
> I switch to using the 3.1.4 mezzanine code, south has disappeared from
> manage.py output.  USE_SOUTH is set to true, and I can literally reproduce
> the problem thus:
>
> - checkout mezzanine to the 1.4.6 branch
> - manage.py shows south section
> - checkout mezzanine to the 3.1.4 branch
> - manage.py shows no south
>
> USE_SOUTH seems to be still a valid setting in 3.1.4 because it's there in
> the project template still, so I can't imagine that is the problem.  Has
> something else changed?
>
> Thanks!
> Penny
>
> --