Nice work tracking that down.

The error you're getting looks like a missing library (called future, that
link you found is misleading) - how have you installed the latest Mezzanine
version? It should automatically install the required dependencies when
installing via pip - you can see the future lib references here in the
setup:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/setup.py#L60

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Penny Leach <penelope.le...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Monday, May 12, 2014 3:19:44 AM UTC+2, Stephen McDonald wrote:
>
>> Can't reproduce this going from a fresh 1.4.6 project and running it
>> against 3.1.4.
>>
>> Thanks for looking into it!
>

>> I've seen this behaviour with Django projects in general before though,
>> where some unrelated issue has the side effect of Django reporting that
>> management commands provided by third-party apps aren't available.
>> While that's not much help, it's doubtful your issue is South related,
>> and I suspect you need to somehow force the real issue to come up - perhaps
>> with Django's own "shell" or "runserver" commands, which all have a
>> "--traceback" option that might prove useful in this case too.
>>
>> It seems you're right. With further prodding, I managed to yield the
> following error:
>
> ImportError: No module named future.builtins
>
> Any ideas?  I'm using python 2.7.3 and I found this page:
> https://docs.python.org/2/library/future_builtins.html but didn't get any
> further.
>
> Thanks!
> Penny