Why not use a bleeder? I have a very high quality aluminum bleeder right on 
the turbo wastegate line, and the output from this feeds into the cockpit, 
where I installed another bleeder. I have set the outside bleeder to run at 
15-17PSI and the internal one can throttle it down to 7-10 PSI, of the 
mechanical setting. This also gives a strong closure until it builds enough 
flow to open the wastegate, the spring holding the gate closed for longer. 
Works fine for me. When it the air temps change a lot, the ECU may limit 
fuel delivery at times if it is set for too much boost, but with the above 
settings, I have had no such problems regardless of temperatures for several 
years.
It is nice to be able to have the mechanical wastegate set to ~5PSI and 
control it with the bleeder,  when required. I believe that with the spring 
set lighter, that it also pops wide open with more authority when set up 
this way. It also gives filtered compressor air to the cabin :>I
The mileage is also increased dramatically at 7PSI vs 15+PSI. From 15MPG, up 
to 25+ MPG, couldn't have anything to do with driving style...

CB
AEM Wideband
Link ECU
T25-T28
Large Intercooler

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rob Ebersol" <[email protected]>
To: "MiataPower Miata Power" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:00 PM
Subject: IWG actuator thoughts


>
> I've got an older model FM actuator that was given to me. It has what
> I'd consider quite a large spread of action - initiating movement at
> 4psi and completing extension at 14psi. On my car it takes 6800rpm to
> reach 10psi with a straight wastegate signal line from the
> compressor. No doubt from the big actuation spread. I've tried a
> couple of times to work around this with the EBC settings with little
> success. Is this futile given the actuator's character? - rob
> _______________________________________________
> Miatapower mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower 

_______________________________________________
Miatapower mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower

Reply via email to