Couldn't find it at first. Found it this afternoon and installed it. Went out and it held 15psi fine. Though the difference between spool this time and earlier with the EBC was noticeable - boost took longer to build using the MBC.
What (IMO) all the mechanical boost controls lack is an EXACT control of the WG signal. Using the LINK and solenoid I was able to dramatically improve spool over the MBC. Once tuned in closed loop I never messed with it again - at least until this last actuator broke. On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:41 PM, CB wrote: > Why not use a bleeder? I have a very high quality aluminum bleeder > right on the turbo wastegate line, and the output from this feeds > into the cockpit, where I installed another bleeder. I have set the > outside bleeder to run at 15-17PSI and the internal one can > throttle it down to 7-10 PSI, of the mechanical setting. This also > gives a strong closure until it builds enough flow to open the > wastegate, the spring holding the gate closed for longer. Works > fine for me. When it the air temps change a lot, the ECU may limit > fuel delivery at times if it is set for too much boost, but with > the above settings, I have had no such problems regardless of > temperatures for several years. > It is nice to be able to have the mechanical wastegate set to ~5PSI > and control it with the bleeder, when required. I believe that > with the spring set lighter, that it also pops wide open with more > authority when set up this way. It also gives filtered compressor > air to the cabin :>I > The mileage is also increased dramatically at 7PSI vs 15+PSI. From > 15MPG, up to 25+ MPG, couldn't have anything to do with driving > style... > > CB > AEM Wideband > Link ECU > T25-T28 > Large Intercooler _______________________________________________ Miatapower mailing list [email protected] http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower
