Frances Berriman wrote:
I realise I mentioned this URL in the last thread I was active on, but
I wanted to bring this to the attention to anyone not following that
thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/2008/05/microformats_and_accessibility.shtml

The BBC is trialling microformats in the new programme support pages
and are in need of lots of test data and research in order to a) help
us make a more informed decision about the use of abbr design pattern
in hCalendar here in the community, and b) for them to decide whether
to use hCalendar at all (eek!).

Please take a read if you are a screen reader user, or know some one who is.

Hi Frances

You might want to ask on screen reader user mailing lists if anyone would like to test the BBC's implementation. From what I've seen, users on such lists are very keen to try out things and give feedback.

UK computer users who are blind or visually impaired:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freelists.org/list/access-uk

Freedom Scientific JAWS users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freelists.org/list/jaws-uk

Dolphin HAL users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dolphinusers/

GW-Micro Window-Eyes users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gwmicro.com/Support/GW-Info_Archives/

Apple VoiceOver users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover/

GNOME Orca users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NVDA users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freelists.org/list/nvda

Thunder users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freelists.org/list/thunder

(I'm not aware of an active mailing list or forum specific to System Access users.)

You might also want to reach out to the screen magnification-using community:

Screen magnifier users:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/magnifiers/

ZoomText users: