On [Jul 14], at [ Jul 14] 6:39 , Breton Slivka wrote:

To someone with a different calendar, ISO8601 may make just
as much sense as "July 1st, 2007." that is: very little.

I'm assuming by "different calendar," you mean non-Gregorian? If so, what are the use cases for non-Gregorian dates in hCalendar? The use cases for Gregorian calendars in hCalendar are well-established: iCalendar uses Gregorian ISO 8601, so any iCalendar-supporting applications can make use of these dates. But I have no idea what the use cases are for non-Gregorian dates Are there many applications that can use such dates? The use cases are crucial for evaluating whether hCalendar should support non-Gregorian dates, and if so, how that should work.

Peace,
Scott