I was hoping to use BGP communities with a backup link, to try to get
certain types of traffic which are prefering the backup, to go to my
primary.

I had hoped to use BGP communities to do this, but I found that BGP
communities do not support 4 byte ASN, and my backup path provider has a
4 byte ASN.

Is there a mechanism around this in ROS? Another method? With IOS and
JUNOS there are some extended community list types that allow this (but
are apparently not universally supported).

I suspect that the answer is "no, you just can't use 4 bytes with
communities", hopefully somebody can shine some light?

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -