From: mikrotik-users-boun...@wispa.org <mikrotik-users-boun...@wispa.org> on
behalf of David McCullough via Mikrotik-users <mikrotik-users@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 7:28:00 AM
To: Mikrotik-users@wispa.org
Subject: [Mikrotik Users] Site-to-Site VPN

We are expanding into a new market, which will extend our service base. This
new market currently has a fiber drain and we will be connecting these two
markets onto a single network in the coming months. In the mean time we need to
implement a site-to-site VPN so that we can monitor the new markets equipment,
migrate to our DHCP server, etc.

Both networks are utilizing MikroTik equipment. Our network is utilizing OSPF,
while the new market just has static routes. We are looking at the various
options to integrate the site-to-site VPN. We are thinking to implement L2TP.
Will L2TP provide any routing? Will we need to enable GRE? Should we just add
static routes, since it’s temporary.

Thanks,

David McCullough
d...@hcwireless.com<mailto:d...@hcwireless.com>