On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Keith Barber wrote:

>Right, which we'll have a fair split of customer's that don't have
>publics running in plain station mode.  But in some of the business
>districts about 90% of those clients are going to be putting the
>public IP into their equipment, with the ap as the gateway, so we
>don't have to do any NATing above their router.

For most of them, it may work without issues to use pseudobridge in
MT (or any other "ethernet bridge" gear), but if there will be a lot
of INBOUND connections, then you may see trouble due to the
realities of how 802.11 works.  If they just need the public IP on
their gear so that they can establish OUTBOUND connections (for
corporate VPN or whatever), then they should work just fine with
pseudobridge.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *