On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 18:39 -0400, Ralph wrote:

> This is all working fine, however I now need to add another hotspot feeding
> from the tower on another downlink to another campground where I have a
> Tropos Mesh already running.  I need a different portal/hotspot there that
> the other one because the place had a different owner and I don't want his
> users to see the prices the other location gets.  If that weren't the case I
> could just have it all on the original MT PC.

There are a couple of options here, but it isn't clear how the network
is configured.  From the headend (where the MT PC is located), do you
have one link to the first campground and then a link from the first
campground to the second?  If so, then this makes the task a little more
difficult, but not impossible.  You can use VLANs and set each
campground on their own "interface" in the MT, each of which can run
their own hotspot.

If you have 2 unique links from the headend, one to each campground, you
can just run hotspot on a different physical interface (one for each
link).

> So here's what I want to do:
> 1. Figure out how to pass one of my public IP addresses THROUGH the MT PC
> Hotspot, then pick it off at the tower and send it down to the 2nd campsite.
> A Routerboard there will have its own IP and should work great.

This doesn't really make sense.  If I am understanding correctly how
your network is configured, you have a range of public IP addresses
assigned to the "internet side" of your MT.  If this is the case, the
only way to make it "pass through" the router is using a dst-nat rule to
nat it to a private IP inside the network.  I'm not sure if that is what
you are trying to do or not.

> 2. Run 2 hotspots on the main MT PC and figure out how to separate them at
> the remote tower, feeding them to their proper campground.

This can be accomplished per my advice above.

> Any ideas?  I am probably going to need something close to step-by-step.

Not sure I can do this, but I'd be happy to assist.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *