I feel for the guy with the blackberry. yahoo mail doesn't allow me to modify
the message when I reply, except the stuff at the top. it puts blockquotes
around the bottom which turns it into a solid, uneditable block in the ymail
editor.

the only way I can turn off html mail is with a radio button which turns off
anything related to html writing, which I happen to like (maybe some people
should get with the 21st century). it also happens to disable the html in my
signature too (and I worked a bit to get mine, and once it's gone it's gone).

so what you and others like you are asking is not realistic in the 21st
century, we don't all have unix text mail. HTML mail is the norm now. nearly
everyone on the planet has theirs set to that, by default. I personally need
the ability to put links in the email and I need the HTML format - I send
special info via email once in a while. so I can't just turn it off willy nilly.

I can see if I can ask yahoo to change their email system. not sure if users
are going to like it though. might upset a lot of people.