On Jun 19 13:32, LRN wrote:
> On 19.06.2013 12:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jun 19 12:08, LRN wrote:
> >> To be fair here, i've tried the MSYS=winsymlinks:nativestrict, and first
> >> thing i hit was AC_PROG_LN_S. That macro explicitly refuses to use `ln
> >> - -s' provided by MSYS or Cygwin, asking for 100% POSIX compliance.
> >
> > On Cygwin?  Not that I'm aware of.  I tested the AC_PROG_LN_S macro
> > on Cygwin and the LN_S setting is 'ls -s' afterwards.  That's with
> > autoconf-2.69.
>
> My mistake, i meant _AS_LN_S_PREPARE, not AC_PROG_LN_S.

_AS_LN_S_PREPARE also yields `ln -s' on Cygwin.  Just tested.

> > What about leaving the symlink(2) function alone and rather just replace
> > the ln(1) tool with a wrapper which calls cp(1) in case of the -s option
> > instead, some ln.orig.exe otherwise?
>
> No idea. Any proposal will have to be tested first. Alexey just gave me
> a new snapshot, i'll test nativestrict there, and then we'll see.

Btw., I've created a snapshot immediately after I had applied my patch.
If you're not chilled by a Cygwin install, you can test this stuff
quicker.  The 32 bit developer snapshots are on
http://cygwin.com/snapshots, the 64 bit test version can be installed
via ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/setup64.exe

HTH,
Corinna