> 3) Where winbase.h defines __stdcall prototypes for these functions,
> keep the implementation in the library.

You know, now that I think about it, I have to ask if leaving these
__stdcall implementations in the library is actually useful.  After all,
it's not like they ever actually call kernel32.dll (either before or
after my patch).

In fact, why not just map them to the intrinsics?  The inlines would
certainly give better performance, and the downside is, well, I can't
think of one.  The only other alternative that might make sense is if we
want to re-work these to actually call kernel32.

dw