> Point 3 should not force none-inline version. Please expain why you
> think that is required.

While I removed the inline asm from these 3 routines, the routines
themselves are still __CRT_INLINE.  And the routines they call are
either __CRT_INLINE or __MINGW_INTRIN_INLINE.  If you examine the output
generated, you'll see these routines still only generate a single line
of asm code.  Hard to get more efficient than that.

If I weren't changing them to call existing routines, I'd still have to
change the asm.  As written, they don't support -masm=intel (one of my
goals).  Rather than duplicate the inline asm from elsewhere, calling
existing routines seemed the more sensible plan.

I might also point out that #3 only affects x86 code.  The x64 code
already does it this way.

I'll wait for your final approval before committing.

dw