On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Ismail Donmez <ism...@i10z.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> mingw-w64's current mkstemp implementation wrongly uses _O_TEMPORARY which
> doesn't make sense. Here is a patch from openSUSE we apply to fix it:
>
> From: Jan Engelhardt <jeng...@inai.de>
> Date: 2015-03-31 18:57:45.887248277 +0200
>
> When closing the file handle obtained from mkstemp(), the file
> ought _not_ to be deleted.

Why did you make such assertion ?

I can not see such statement in POSIX, Linux, FreeBSD or OpenBSD:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/mkstemp.html
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/mkstemp.3.html
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mkstemp
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man3/mkdtemp.3