I guess I shouldn't have opened edits that much. It had started
restricted and was later on widened after I received negative comments
about editability (which were not linked to the mail problems between
our two servers).

I used to check the changes but had to stop since I got seriously
overwloaded with work.

The theme doesn't show it to unlogged users but the revision history is
opened and can be reached by appending "?do=revisions" to the URL (like
with any dokuwiki installation). Therefore the changelist is visible at
  http://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download?do=revisions

The correspoinding change can be seen at:
  http://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download?rev=1467400886&do=diff
and is titled "why is this publicly editable ??".

Well, now that we have a good example, I'm going to change that back to
something more correct. The fact the website now has https also makes
this much more worthwhile. Plan is to have accounts for edits for
download *sub*pages with the main one being completely restricted.

I'll implement that when I get back from my current business travel.
That's a couple days to complain *before* I do it and of course it will
still be possible after I do it but it'll be much harder to get changes
through.

Thanks for the report.

--
Adrien Nader