On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Edward Diener
<eldlistmaili...@tropicsoft.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/2017 4:13 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Edward Diener
>> <eldlistmaili...@tropicsoft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to use a libbacktrace library for mingw-64/gcc. This is used
>>> by
>>> a new Boost library called stacktrace to provide stack traces anywhere in
>>> code in c++ when using GCC/MinGW/Clang on POSIX or Windows. Does such a
>>> library exist for mingw-64/gcc on Windows ? If not can such a library be
>>> built for a given version of mingw-64/gcc on Windows, presumably in MSYS2
>>> ?
>>

>> I have written a small library and app around memory checking and PE
>> files. It is called examine and can report backtraces (using libbfd
>> for stack trace). It is here :
>>
>> https://vtorri.github.io/examine/
>> https://github.com/vtorri/examine
>>
>> I use MSYS2 + mingw-w64 for compilation, or Visual Studio.
>

> Thank you, but what does this have to do with libbacktrace for mingw-64/gcc
> ?

you wanted a library which provide stack traces.

for libbacktrace, I can see in
https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/tree/master/libbacktrace so PE/COFF
commits and file. So I guess it is possible

try

autoreconf -vif

and

./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32
or
./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32

for respectively 32bits and 64bits support

regards

Vincent