On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Jacek Caban wrote:

Hi Martin,

On 07.11.2017 22:29, Martin Storsjö wrote:
Alternatively, we could just skip providing these when building with
ucrtbase, but that would require updating any calling code.

That's a tempting solution. It seems to be deprecated for years now. Do
you know a real code that needs it? How does MSVC handle it?

Unfortunately yes - real code needs and uses it (otherwise I wouldn't have noticed). MSVC does it differently though, but Qt has a different codepath for when using MSVC.

See http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/tools/qdatetime.cpp?id=19b0ce5daa31e2ffebfcf2701143742302f1deb4#n2187 for the function this patch tries to please.

// Martin