On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Jacek Caban wrote:

Hi Martin,

On 11/7/17 10:29 PM, Martin Storsjö wrote:
I've tested our support for ucrtbase.dll a bit further by trying building
a handful of libraries with it, and fixing the issues I run into. With
these patches, I'm able to build among others Qt (tested with 5.7.1).

That's good to hear. Great work!

Some libraries have an issue where autoconf tries to detect whether e.g.
snprintf or similar exist, by just checking if linking to a function
with that name succeeds. Since there is no function with that name in
the import library, it will fail and think that a replacement needs to
be provided, which then clashes with the real ones in stdio.h. (Configure
checks that actually include the headers generally work though.)

A solution for that would be to have non-inline __stdio_common_* wrappers inside libucrtbase.a.

Yup, I thought about that - that's probably a sensible thing to do. Does that mean we should get rid of the inline versions in the header altogether, or do they play well together? (I guess I'll try and find out.)

// Martin