> it does apply cleanly to the master branch.
> Please rebase this work against master

I believe the issue here is not the master's tip.  That's line-ending
issue.

Before I sent the original patch here, I had created it on top of
'ce5078c9' commit.  This was and currently is the head.

After I had got your reply, I downloaded the DIFF from my own e-mail and
tried to apply the patch to the head by myself:

$ git pull origin master
$ patch -u -p 1 < 0001-Add-...diff
$ git apply 0001-Add-...diff

where the `patch` warned about CRs in the DIFF, but applied the patch;
and `git-apply(1)` failed to patch the files with "trailing whitespaces"
error.

Therefore, I modified both two last commands to:

$ tr -d '\r' < 0001-Add-...diff | patch -u -p1
$ tr -d '\r' < 0001-Add-...diff  | git apply -

And now any of the commands patches the files successfully.

That all is really strange because I didn't change my workflow, so I
sent the patch as usual: I created a patch using `git-format-patch(1)`
and then `git-imap-send(1)` it.  `git-format-patch(1)` creates a file
with LF as line-ending.  After I send the file using `git-imap-send(1)`
(with msys2 or Arch Linux's git), I get a new e-mail in the ``Drafts''
with CRLF as line-endings in the patch part of the e-mail (CRLF in an
e-mail is okay, as far as I know, but may be I'm wrong).

I'm sorry, but now I really don't know how to send the patch with LF
line-endings, so you can apply my patch...  I rechecked my old patches
and other people's patches in this mailing list -- it looks like they
all have CRLF as line-endings.  I'm totally confused now.

> The x86 import library was absent

Yes, that's my fault.

> I have attached an (albeit untested) one, generated using 'gendef'
> from the x86 DLL.

Thanks a lot!  I'll add your fix to the next version of the patch.  But
I also didn't tested it because I have no i686-w64-mingw32 toolset.
This is actually the reason why I didn't create the DEF file for x86
library by myself.

Thanks a lot for review.  I will send the new patch by the next message.
Hope it could be applied well.

--
Yours truly,
Ruslan Garipov <ruslanngaripov at gmail dot com>.