On 5/17/19 12:42 PM, LRN wrote:
On 10.05.2019 16:28, LRN wrote:
On 10.05.2019 15:53, NightStrike wrote:
On Fri, May 10, 2019, 5:24 AM LRN wrote:

TBH, i'm starting to think that we should radically cut the GL headers
down and
only ship GL.h and GLU.h, just like MS does (and also glaux.h, probably).
The
rest can be installed separately.

In case anyone still thinks that shipping a full set of OpenGL headers in
MinGW-w64-headers is a good idea, here's the patch that updates the
headers to
a fresh git revision.
Why remove them?
Because someone has to keep them up to date as long as they are part of
mingw-w64-headers.

An analogy: if we pretend for a second that a small part of the Boost headers
(that Boost authors do not edit) is documented to be mandatory for inclusion in
mingw-w64-headers, then shipping all GL headers is equivalent to shipping all
Boost headers.

So, it's been a week. Any other opinions? Does anyone want the patch to be
pushed?

FWIW, I agree that we shouldn't have those headers in the tree. I don't know if anyone already depends on that already, so I'm not sure what to do...

As long as we have them in the tree, the update is fine with me.

Thanks,

Jacek