On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, Nikolay Sivov wrote:

On 9/30/20 1:09 PM, Martin Storsjö wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, Biswapriyo Nath wrote:

BTW, an unrelated point, but - if working on the mediafoundation
headers, ffmpeg is a project happens to use them a bit, so if doing
changes, I'd appreciate if you'd check that ffmpeg still builds (and
ends up with mediafoundation enabled).

The ffmpeg mediafoundation code also happens to use local
redeclarations of many mediafoundation constants (to allow it to build
with older versions of mingw-w64 and WinSDK) - so if working on header
changes, it can also be useful to try building with a modified version
that actually use the SDK headers properly:
https://github.com/mstorsjo/ffmpeg/commits/mfenc-use-sdk

(With current mingw-w64, all constants that are used are available,
except for CODECAPI_AVScenarioInfo.)

// Martin

No, it is very much related. Thanks for that. This could probably be
expanded to other major projects too, for validation before major
mingw-w64 updates are released.

Indeed - I run a nightly build consisting of a bunch of multimedia projects (VLC and all of their 100 dependency libraries, including Qt, and a few others, and a full test of ffmpeg) with latest mingw-w64, so generally that's at least build tested regularly (and I try to get that tested before major releases as well). But for wrangling header updates here, it's even nicer if the header changes are tested with a project known to exercise them - instead of finding out potential breakage after the fact.

// Martin