Hi,

as discussed with Andreas and Achim, I have taken over maintenance of
the fontaxes and tabfigures package, which have been distributed
together with the MinionPro package. These packages are now available
directly from CTAN and I expect them to be included in TeXLive, which
should ease the use of these packages with fonts different from Minion
Pro:

http://ctan.org/pkg/fontaxes
http://ctan.org/pkg/tabfigures

The development of these packages is now hosted at GitHub:

https://github.com/ummels/fontaxes
https://github.com/ummels/tabfigures

So far, there have just been a few internal changes, but I hope to add
more features soon. In any case, these packages should remain working
just fine with MinionPro.

Best regards,
Michael