Hi Martijn,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:49:33 +0100, Martijn Dekker wrote:
> Op 23-03-17 om 10:49 schreef Jean Delvare:
> > Apparently it requires a more recent version of mksh than we are
> > shipping:
> >
> > $ echo $KSH_VERSION
> > @(#)MIRBSD KSH R50 2014/06/29 openSUSE
>
> That version is quite ancient, so you should consider upgrading it to
> the latest. FYI, modernish <https://github.com/modernish/modernish>

I know, we are working up upgrading to version 50f. Upgrading to the
latest version on a released product is not an option, the risk of
regression is too high.

> currently detects the following bugs on it that are relevant for
> cross-shell programming. All except BUG_LNNOALIAS, BUG_LNNOEVAL and
> BUG_NOCHCLASS have been fixed in the current release. The former two are
> fixed in current cvs. The latter is a design decision from Thorsten that
> is nonetheless a bug in POSIX terms.

The only bugs I care about are the ones which my customers complain
about. Which sometimes are not even bugs ;-)

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support