Dr. Werner Fink dixit:

>Morning Thorsten,

Morning ☺

>On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 12:42:52AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

>> what’s -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE for?

> -- Macro: _DEFAULT_SOURCE
>     If you define this macro, most features are included apart from
>     X/Open, LFS and GNU extensions: the effect is to enable features

Oh, I needed something like that the other day when glibc did not
have _ALL_SOURCE and _GNU_SOURCE broke strerror_r(3)… but this is
really new, isn’t it?

>As long as mksh does not use hard coded lists I'll do this.

It needs a list of signal names (hence sys_signame[] is
highly recommended), but strsignal and strerror work and
can be used as fallback (sys_siglist[] and sys_errlist[]
are completely skipped then).

See the other mail, then check for the presence of
-DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -DHAVE_STRSIGNAL=1 (instead of =0)
in the generated CPPFLAGS.

>> What’s -ftree-loop-linear for? If it makes sense, I can
>> include it in the list of CFLAGS to check for.
>
>This should help to do loop nest optimizations, at least
>gcc manual page does show this
>
>       -ftree-loop-linear
>       -floop-interchange
>       -floop-strip-mine
>       -floop-block
>       -floop-unroll-and-jam
>           Perform loop nest optimizations.  Same as -floop-nest-optimize.  To
>           use this code transformation, GCC has to be configured with
>           --with-isl to enable the Graphite loop transformation
>           infrastructure.

Hmm.

>> Interesting approach in using GNU screen, not script(1),
>> to provide a tty. But if it works… sure.
>
>Yep, this I had done a few years back for building clisp and
>also for original ksh to have a pty/tty pair and as I'm familiar
>with screen I decided to use this.

OK.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide