It's a good scripting language because of how well regular expressions are
integrated into the language. It's also easy to pick up and use, because
it's pretty lenient in specific syntax. I can't recommend a book though, as
most of what I know of perl has been from reading other peoples scripts and
asking some of my programmer friends "how would I accomplish X?"

--
Abe Al-Saleh
And then came the Apocolypse. It actually wasn't that