On Mon, 23 May 2005, Chris Zakelj wrote:

> Ok, this probably isn't too big a surprise to frequent readers, but I'm
> having trouble with the new kernelized pppoe.  From the console messages
> below, it looks like it's "dialing" (for lack of a better term) and
> logging in successfully:
>
> May 23 00:42:47 bbhhs96 /bsd: pppoe0: phase establish
> May 23 00:42:47 bbhhs96 /bsd: pppoe0: phase authenticate
> May 23 00:42:49 bbhhs96 /bsd: pppoe0: phase network

 Can you try turning on the debug flag to pppoe0 ?

 I just tested this in a lab setup and it would not connect unless the
 debug flag was set on the interface. The other side was a cisco and it
 seems that they could not get out of the configuration negotiation
 phase (cisco was never getting far enough along to authenticate via
 RADIUS server).

 If I had 'debug' set on the interface, it came up instantly.

 This was tested on 3.7-release kernel and a -current as of a day or so
 ago on i386 and amd64. I am checking my setup now to make sure all my
 boxes are in sync.

cheers,
--
jason