I am thinking of getting one (or two) of these for my new firewall, just curious if nayone has any opinions on its suitability in such a role. Spec as follows;

64bit 360mhz CPU (IIi)
128mb RAM
1 x 18gb 10krpm
2 x integrated NIC
1x PCI (which I intend to put a dual port compaq/intel NIC in)

Basically, I have a low traffic mail and web server behind this firewall it also is my OpenVPN server for one VPN. I have around 90 pf rules.

I may even chuck a squid cache on it given its got heaps of free disk.

Lastly, does anyone know if these have a 40 pin IDE connector for the optional CDROM and if so do you reckon it would be able to boot from a compact flash ?

Cheers in advance.

Brian.