I haven't set X up yet, but I finally got 3.7 installed on the Mac mini
without issue. I was using MBR for the disk instead of HFS, and there's
an issue with the disklabel initial setup. The fix is outlined in this
message:

http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0309/msg01319.html

and I'll submit a more thorough bug report when I get a chance to write
it. So far the mini seems quite fast to me, I doubt you'll have any
issues.

- brian