On 7/11/05, bossk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Pentium 3 mobile supports Intel's SpeedStep and the
> Ultra-Low-Voltage-Version
> supports the Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology.

Thanks for telling me something new; I didn't know the Intel made
those chips. My apologies for the confusion.

> My BIOS has some switches to configure various basic options, but afaik the
> dynamic
> cpu scaling is part of the OS.

Given the archives on hw.setperf and the various CPU types involved, I
suspect your P3's throttling is different from that on the AMD K7
(Powernow) and Pentium M and thus not included in the code. You're
right on trying to use hw.setperf though.

Sorry to not be of more help,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.