Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, imEnsion wrote:
I'm surprised everyone keeps recommending using vi and vim, yet no one
has given a pointer on how to learn it. Sure, an OReilly book may come

"An Introduction to Display Editing with Vi", /usr/share/doc/usd/12.vi/.
This document is the closest thing available to an introductionto the vi
screen editor.

To learn the basics of vi, vim comes in handy. After installing vim, one can use vimtutor to learn-by-doing all the useful basics in roughly 30 minutes - and those work in our base nvi as well. It is well-written and very effective at teaching vi. Afterwards one is "skilled" enough to appreciate the complete documentation and do any configuration work and/or nvi-based programming on OpenBSD without (further) packages installed.

Moritz