On 8/6/05, Gerardo Santana Gsmez Garrido <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/6/05, Mike Henker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi yesterday I installed OpenBSD 3.7 seem to be all ok, my question is
> > how I can edit the files of the operating system,what editor you
> > recommand? (I m a newbie) If isn t in the default installation how can I
> > install it? I saw the FAQ and the man but I can t find info about this
> > doubt. Thanks
> >
> > Salutes,
> > Mike
>
> vi is my editor of choice. But if you don't have a UNIX background you
> might want to try joe.

We need to be very carefull with the tools we learn as a student and
the ones as we teach as a professor. That's because the tools we use
shape the way we think and solve problems and will dictate aour
thinking habit to the selenity. Unlearning is not a possible
experience.

So, we you have no experience with computer, start with unix, if you
have no experience editing in unix env, start with vi, it's the only
safe choice, it there, every where, in each unix flavor and is very
mature.

My 4 cents.