--
David Bryan
dave (at) drstrangelove dot net

> My first question is this, is everyone at Promise incompetent?

Yes.

> My second question is, does anyone know what card I can use with SATA
> 150 drives?

Not promise... =-)

- The last time I had to deal with promise it was horrible, we had a
SX-something and a sx-5000 (I think) and I was told that in a raid-5
array, that drives just go "offline" and there is no way to
recover/rebuild the array from the BIOS.  They said that I should boot
into DOS to restore the partition table once I replaced the bad drive.  So
basically (I think that one server was FreeBSD and the other was Linux) if
drives go "offline", youre screwed.  Thanks promise- and I promptly
yanked the card and tossed it in the junk pile.  Just fair warning that A)
their products are sub standard and B) their tech support is far worse.