Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Toni Mueller:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 20.08.2005 at 11:54:27 +0800, range <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I plan to buy IBM XSeries Server,
>
> short answer: Don't, but tell your IBM rep the machine count and the
> reason, too.
>
> > But I can't see any IBM ServeRaid card (SCSI) in OpenBSD support list,
> > ( http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html#hardware )
> > Seems FreeBSD can Support with ips(4)
> > ( http://www.tw.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-i386.html#DISK )
> >
> > If any one can give me some suggest for OpenBSD with IBM ServeRaid card,
> > or what kind SCSI Raid card is better choice?
> > (I hope it can support Raid 0, 0+1, 5.)
>
> You are very much invited to bang against the walls of IBM and ask for
> an OpenBSD compatible driver for their cards. I didn't succeed. Their
> answer was: If I can build a business case, they'll look into it, but
> otherwise it's a no-go.

we do not want their driver.
i betcha it'd be a piece of goo size of minneapolis
and we would not be able to maintain it ever since...

what is usually needed is docs for some developer(s)
(me for example  since i already have a card ;)

of course freebsd might have enough info to write our own...

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)