I have just ogtten usb networking up on my Zaurus, and now I'm tryingto get /usr/local, /usr/ports, and /usr/src remotely mounted from my nearby FreeBSD system. I can get the mount done, but I can't affect any files ... for example, if I tryi to touch (as root on the Zaurus) /usr/local/garbage, I get "Permission denied". i don't have any cklear idea if this is a problem on the Zaurus (OpenBSD) or The FreeBSD server.

When I did the mount, I used -v, and the listing I got is:

april.chuckr.org:/usr3/osrc/ports on /usr/ports type nfs (rw, ctime=Sat Oct 8 10:23:49 2005, v3, tcp, hard, wsize=8192, rsize=8192, rdirsize=8192, timeo=100, retrans=10, maxgrouplist=16, readahead=1, acregmin=5, acregmax=60, acdirmin=5, acdirmax=60)

Is there anything else you might want to know? This is extremely frustrating, being so terribly close to having it work, but not being there.