On 04/18/2011 04:39 PM, Bob Beck wrote:
      Hi all,

    A number of you may have noticed the recent flurry of activity,
leading to stuff
like bigmem being turned on.. Some more good stuff is coming soon (my amd64
at my house is using 7 gigabyes of memory for buffer cache, and I'm doing builds
without touching disks..).  Some really cool stuff is being worked on
and is coming
to a source tree near you soon.

    However, I'd like to take the opportunity to remind you all, that
the project does
depend on CD and shirt sales to keep it alive.  Yes you may not use a
CD all the
time, but the latest one is pretty cool.

   So, short answer? go buy a CD.  pre-orders are a little slow this
release, and we need
to see some more activity in that area.

   Then maybe I'll stop worrying about it and commit that thing that
will make your
amd64 use even  more buttloads of memory too!

    So - yes we like donations, but we also like CD sales.. now is the
time to help out.

     Thanks

     -Bob

Will put down a pre-order for 4.9 ASAP. Thanks for the reminder, I'd kinda forgotten about doing it :-)

Honestly, I never use to CDs. But I love to look at it on a shelf next to my PC knowing it means I contributed with something, even if it was just my small humble donation.

And they're nice to collect :-)

Cheers guys, and keep up the good work! :-)