On 5/15/11, Andy Bradford
<amb-sendok-1308068068.lgfdlhagifbjfopjm...@bradfords.org> wrote:
> Thus said T on Fri, 13 May 2011 12:52:38 +0200:
>
>> udl0 at uhub1 port 1 "DisplayLink LILLIPUT USB Monitor" rev 2.00/1.24 addr
>> 2
>> max_dotclock according to supported modes: 29000
>> wsdisplay1 at udl0 mux 1
>> wsdisplay1: screen 0 addded (std, vt100 emulation)
>
> I'm just guessing here, but it would seem that it didn't add any
> screens for wdisplay to use.  Here is what a VGA monitors says:
>
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0

Well, my dmesg output does say "screen 0 addded", just like the
vga screens say "screen 1-5 added", so I'm not sure that's it.
I don't know the difference between wsdisplay0 and wsdisplay1,
though. My dmesg output for vga and kbd is:

vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel GM45 video" rev 0x07
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
[...]
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

And I can't find any config file where it's specified that vga1
should behave like that (connect, add itself, or attach (whatever
the correct term might be) to wsdisplay0 and add screens to use),
so I'm guessing it's somewhere in the source for vga, and that
the source for udl doesn't contain code to do that.

That brings me back to my first question, sort of; how do I make
udl and wsdisplay talk to each other, so I can get a tty on my
udl display? Will modifications to the udl source be necessary?

Dave