I believe SICP has much culture but not always so great style.

I'm not "learning lisp".

Who are you to know of all lisp learners ?

Why are you associating lisp with functional programming ? CL in itself is
not really functional, but being a metalanguage you can make it so. You
could also make it sort perforated cards. Is it a perforated cards
programming language ? Lisp is not important, the way we can program it is
important, and it just comes from its syntax.

Lisp machines are long dead, there are excellent compilers available for
more current archs.

Looks to me like you are still "learning lisp".

--
 Thomas de Grivel
 http://b.lowh.net/billitch/