Ted Unangst wrote:
> > Ted, Is it worth looking at the current system to see if the suck factor
> > can be vacuumed from it, or is it a hopeless case in your opinion?
>
> It is hard to imagine a bug tracker that could actually suck more than
> gnats.  The current replacement, email bugs@ and search the marc.info
> archives, is vastly superior.

Hello.

marc.info isn't updating for a couple week or so. I use Gmane.

Have you looked at Review Board http://www.reviewboard.org/ ?

It is maintained, written in Python using Django framework and,
last but not least, MIT-licensed and integrates with CVS.

>From my understanding, searching tech@ or bugs@ is not the
problem, but following is. Diff or bug reviews done using mailing
lists are inefficient: there is no place to see entire discussion
against given issue. We all see how developers say "oh, I forgot
about okaying on this diff".

It is pretty "normal" to reinvent a diff which already has been
done but lost deep inside mailing list. Also, there is a problem
with attaching things like kernel panic screenshots.

Alexey