On 16/10/2011 2:43 AM, Fred Crowson wrote:
On 15 October 2011 11:08, Samuel Kidman<samkid...@iinet.net.au>  wrote:
Hello

I have just installed OpenBSD on a hobby server. All is going well except I
have hit a pretty major stumbling block in that I
can't get my network configuration working. I have assigned a static IPv4
address to the server, and I tried pinging my
desktop computer. I opened up a packet sniffer on my desktop and I can see
the packets coming in from the server,
however the IP checksums are all set to 0. I read in the release notes that
OpenBSD will set the checksum to zero before
passing the packet to hardware to perform the checksum operation. This
obviously isn't working on my system, so I was
wondering how to get it working, or how to just get it done in software?

I am using the re (realtek ethernet) driver.

Regards, Sam

There is a lack of information: what is configuration?

What is the output of:

ifconfig re
$ ifconfig re
re0: flags 8843 <UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,NOINET6> mtu 1500
    lladdr: fe:e1:ba:d0:ab:ef
    priority: 0
    groups: egress
    media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex, rxpause, txpause)
    status: active
grep forwarding /etc/sysctl.conf
$ grep forwarding /etc/sysctl.conf
#net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
#net.inet.ip.mforwarding=1

I haven't copied exactly what's on screen here. I don't have network access so I'm unable to do anything much other than write down what's on screen onto a piece of paper. I tried uncommenting that net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 line and rebooting the system, but problems still persist. I have set it back to disabled now.
is pf enabled?
I don't think so. I haven't changed much from default configuration other than the network settings.

I don't think 0 checksums are your issue.....

hth

Fred