On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, Vitali wrote:

> From: Vitali <coonar...@gmail.com>
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:57:24
> Subject: Re: OpenBSD in a dual stack anycast DNS resolving setup
>
> > Uh?!?
> >
> > # pkg_add -v jdk-1.7.0.00v0.tgz
>
> By the way, I got this jdk-1.7.0.00v0.tgz installed on my system, but
> I don't see a JAVA plugin for the Firefox. :(
> I need JAVA for a couple of minutes to check out several remove
> Windows machines through a remote JAVA applet.
> Anybody can advise something?

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#Programming

  Due to Sun's restrictive SCSL license, OpenBSD cannot ship binary
  packages for the JDK < 1.7. Starting from 1.7 OpenBSD has a fully
  GPLv2 licensed port, that can be installed as a package. Users
  looking for the browser plugin will still need to build 1.5 or 1.6
  from ports until Sun releases the plugin code. Note that you will
  need plenty of RAM for this build to succeed.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
d.h.da...@bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101