On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 14:17, L. V. Lammert <l...@omnitec.net> wrote:
> At 01:04 PM 1/11/2012, Barry Grumbine wrote:
>>
>> Bite the bullet, upgrade, life is better at 5.0
>

> Sorry, but *UPGRADING* isn't the question - the question is why locate is
> not working properly. If nobody has ever seen such a problem, it would be
> quite more forthright to just admit that than spout the normal crap this
> list promulgates. But, then, I should have expected multiple replies that
> are off topic, of no help, and not worth the time to read. Sorry, I had
> momentarily forgotten the definition of OBSD Misc - my bad.
>
> If nobody can answer the question, that's is not a problem, just say so!
>
>        Lee

4.3 was released May 1, 2008. That's almost 4 years old software. What
are you expecting here? Someone to check out the code from that
version and deeply inspect what may be causing your problem, that is
more than likely already fixed in a later version? The replies were
perfectly valid and helpful. In the software world, you're using an
antique.