* L. V. Lammert <l...@omnitec.net> [2012-01-11 20:48]:
> Another typical reply - the question was "has anyone ever seen
> anything like this", .. or, perhaps, "what could be causing it". No
> need for the off-topic diatribes - a simple no would more than
> suffice.

ah, you think the other kids won't find you when you cover your eyes.

off-topic diatribes? coming to this mailing list asking for help about
a 4 year old release when it is clearly documented that you are
ENTIRELY ON YOUR OWN with releases older than a year is at least off
topic, if not outright rude.

i have extremely vague memories of something weird with locate
somewhen in the past. might misremember, doesn't matter, haven't seen
anything like that for a long time, so my advice is to upgrade.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP