Hi Amit,

Amit Kulkarni wrote [2012-02-01 00:57+0100]:
> this motivated me to use cvsync from anoncvs and use a
> CVSROOT=/home/amit/MYLOCALREPO to update from cvs. Much much faster
> and while initial checkout from cvsync takes 5-10 hrs

Yes, that's a real pity.
I think it would be great if tarballs would be offered for
those, too.  I.e. this is *all* of OpenBSD (src, xenocara and
www, the latter however "refuse"s papers/, slides/ and songs/
"because" i also have a checkout of the Steelix translation
project), as has been burned onto my last full-backup DVD:

    $ ls -latr
    -rw-r--r--  1 steffen  wheel  516407350 26 Jan 15:41 cvsync_openbsd.tbz

I think plain gzip wouldn't be that much larger.
And hey, it's worth noting that this is smaller than
.git/objects/pack of src.git alone!

> the subsequent updates are lightning quick.

Yes.
And how easy it now is to do 'cvs up -PAC' to overwrite my messy
patches.

> --amit

Ciao,

--steffen